EMI Classics will release "Fifty Shades of Grey - The Classical Album" next month.
The record label has announced that the new album features 15 classical pieces selected by E L James, author of "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy, and referenced in her bestselling adult novels.
"I am thrilled that the classical pieces that inspired me while I wrote the Fifty Shades Trilogy are being brought together in one collection for all lovers of the books to enjoy," said James in the announcement.
Like Us on Facebook
The huge success of the British author's 2011 fiction, which generated a great dispute, has been making a sharp increase in the sales of a classical music piece.
The album will be available digitally on August 21 in the U.S. and Canada and in CD format on September 18. The international release in both formats is set on September 17.
The track listing:
1. Lakmé (Act I): Flower Duet (Mady Mesplé, Danielle Millet)
2. Bach: Adagio from Concerto #3 BWV 974 (Alexandre Tharaud)
3. Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasilerias #5 - Cantilena (Barbara Hendricks)
4 . Verdi: La Traviata Prelude (Riccardo Muti / Philharmonia Orchestra)
5. Pachelbel: Canon in D (Sir Neville Marriner/ Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
6. Tallis: Spem in Alium (The Tallis Scholars)
7. Chopin: Prelude #4 in E minor, Largo (Samson François)
8. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2 - Adagio Sostenuto (Cecile Ousset, Sir Simon Rattle / CBSO)
9. Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (Sir Adrian Boult / LPO)
10. Canteloube: Chants d'auvergne, Bailero (Arleen Auger)
11. Chopin: Nocturne #1 in B-flat minor (Samson François)
12. Faure: Requiem - In Paradisum (Choir of King's College, Cambridge / Stephen Cleobury)
13. Bach: Goldberg Variation - Aria (Maria Tipo)
14. Debussy: La Fille Aux Cheveux de Lin (Moura Lympany)
15. Bach: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Alexis Weissenberg)
© 2013 Classicalite All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.