Classicalite Recording News: Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen Arranger Barb Jungr Releases 'Hard Rain' on Kristalyn Come May 27
When global strife hits the frontlines of the media, old musical traditions of a more immediate history come to life and are given a new breath of air to fit the times.
And it is the singing troubadour and arranger Barb Jungr who will guide us down that lonesome highway, giving the newest ears the similarly heavy stories.
From Kristalyn Records comes Barb Jungr's latest release Hard Rain, premiering the anti-war anthems that changed an entire social landscape of America, which will come May 27.
"The space in between has always been my default position, between song and singer, lyric and music, arrangement and performance," says Jungr of the album.
"So I am amazed to be so clear about this collection. I knew right from the start it was all the tougher songs of Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen that I wanted to sing," she continues, "I knew there was somehow a through thread to them - that the world they described and the actions they rejected and celebrated were of as much importance today as the day those songs were penned."
And the latest track list tackles the hardest songs known in the Dylan and Cohen canon.
The track list includes:
1. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan)
2. Everybody Knows (Leonard Cohen and Sharon Robinson)
3. Who By Fire (Leonard Cohen)
4. Hard Rain (Bob Dylan)
5. First We Take Manhattan (Leonard Cohen)
6. Masters Of War (Bob Dylan)
7. It's Alright Ma (Bob Dylan)
8. 1000 Kisses Deep (Leonard Cohen and Sharon Robinson)
9. Gotta Serve Somebody (Bob Dylan)
10. Land Of Plenty (Leonard Cohen and Sharon Robinson)
11. Chimes Of Freedom (Bob Dylan)
Now all she needs is her fandom to claim her as a "voice of a generation"--and for her to deny wistfully.
Share in the intimacy and watch Jungr's behind the scenes of making the album.© 2016 The Classical Art, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.