Classicalite's Countdown to Record Store Day 2016: Saturday, April 16
Classicalites, Record Store Day 2016 is almost upon us. (Perhaps you saw the giant countdown clock--in days, hours, minutes and even seconds--there on our homepage?) And sure, while there are at least as many ways to listen to classical, jazz, theater or dance music as there are days on the calendar, itself, we just love the fact that there's at least one, specific day of said year where the physical, tactile album is still honored and appreciated...and then re-sold for four times its sleeve value on Discogs.
Hoarders and racketeers aside, yes, we're still beholden to the square artwork, those exhaustive liner notes, yes, that still annoying process of actually removing a CD from its plastic shrinkwrap--all part in parcel of being a true Classicalite.
Well, at least for one day: Saturday, April 16, 2016
So, to help celebrate RSD '16, we're giving you the chance to win two, separate prize packs full of CDs, vinyl, headphones and more to make this year's iteration of Record Store Day the best one yet!
- Set of Beats Solo2 Headphones
- $60 Apple Music Gift Card
- iPhone case made of real album vinyl by Wrecords By Monkey
- Dual CD of the London Philharmonic/John Alldis Choir/Zubin Mehta in Puccini's Turandot
- DVD of The Piano Guys in Live at Red Butte Garden
- Vinyl copy of The Suffers' self-titled debut LP
- CD copy of Gwen Stefani's new solo album, This Is What the Truth Feels Like
- CD copy of The Paper Kites' TwelveFour
- CD copy of Boy & Bear's Limit of Love
- CD copy of Guster's Evermotion
- Vinyl copy of Highly Suspect's album, Mister Asylum
- Vinyl copy of Nick Jonas's solo album, Nick Jonas
- Vinyl copy of Seth MacFarlane's holiday album, Holiday For Swing
- Set of V-Moda Wireless Headphones
- DVD of Vesselina Kasarova and Jonas Kaufmann in Bizet's Carmen
- Mixed assortment of vinyl products from Wrecords By Monkey
- Dual CD of The Vienna Philharmonic/Karajan in Puccini's Madama Butterfly
- CD copy of Cub Sport's This Is Our Vice
- CD copy of Radical Face' The Family Tree: The Leaves
- CD copy of Filter's Crazy Eyes
To enter to win, simply head over to Classicalite.com/CountdownToRSD and fill out that entry from.
And let us know which albums you're looking forward to snatching up this Record Store Day via Twitter and Instagram, using the hashtag #CountdownToRSD.
ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Employees and their immediate families (and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Music Times, LLC and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER: Between 12 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, April 4, 2016 and 11:59PM ET on Saturday, April 16, 2016 (the "Entry Period"), Submit entry form with valid names/email on www.classicalite.com/CountdownToRSD. Multiple entries will be void.
DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by an independent judging agency. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by the eligible email they used to submit their entry with. If sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner selected. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive prize a first place prize with containing the items listed above valued at $335. One (1) separate winner will receive prize a second place prize with containing the items listed above valued at $382. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
TagsRecord Store Day