subscribe

[UPDATE] Jonas Kaufmann Denies Madonna Dating Rumors

By Jaime Prisco j.prisco@classicalite.com on Feb 02, 2015 11:52 AM EST

Jonas Kaufmann, the world’s most famous tenor and maybe most eligible bachelor, has denied the dating rumors that have been swirling around him and Madonna.

Everyone was talking about the love connection when it was revealed that the two were allegedly witnessed at a Christopher Makos exhibition in London last year, according to Spetteguless. It was even said that the Queen of Pop was hoping the two would be able to record an album together.

But Kaufmann has squashed the rumors of the seemingly perfect, albeit strange, musical pair. In an interview with the U.K. newspaper The Times, Kaufmann denies all the rumors.

"It was in every magazine. It was a big, big thing with pictures of us,” said Kaufmann.

He also said he was not even at the exhibition and has never even met or come into contact with Madonna, no less carrying on a relationship with her.

“There is no picture of us together because we’ve never met. I even thought about contacting her management to say, ‘Listen, it’s not me that’s spreading these rumors,'” he said.

This does not mean the tenor is completely out of the love game. Kaufmann, separated from his wife mezzo-soprano Margarete Joswig in April 2014, has been spotted with Christiane Lutz, an opera director who works at the Graz and Lubeck theaters. But that news of their relationship has also not been confirmed.

© 2016 The Classical Art, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

TagsUPDATE, Jonas Kaufmann, Denies, Madonna, Dating Rumors

Real Time Analytics